Natural fibers such as cotton, linen, silk and dyed wool are better than synthetic fibers. Painting is as much a science as it is independent of experience. It helps, for example, by mixing liquid paints to create your own colors. Apply this technique to other materials, such as fabric that has been dipped in paint, and notice how each color stands out.
How to Dye Fabric
You don’t have to start with white fabric – if you want to restore a colored item, do a spot test before dyeing (kind of like bleach, but it doesn’t hurt). Bleaches or lightens fabric to give it a new color.
1. Although the laundry is new. Cover the surface with a drop cloth. Half-fill a bucket, trash can, or stainless-steel sink (large enough to hold loose clothing) with hot or boiling water. (For wool, the water should be warm, not hot.) Put on rubber gloves, add liquid ink, and mix the colors as desired (see Color Mixing on the right). Add salt when dyeing cotton or linen, white vinegar for wool or silk; The amount of paint depends on the container. We used 1 cup of salt or vinegar per gallon, 2 gallons, 3 gallons or more. (These additives help remove the ink from the fabric).
2. Soak the swimsuit thoroughly (larger areas can be dyed evenly in the machine wash cycle). Use a stainless-steel spoon (or wooden spoon for painting only) to mix the material in the water to avoid uneven color. Keep the product in the infusion for 5-15 minutes, stirring constantly. Allow the fabric to dry a little thinner and a little darker than you’d like.
3. Carefully remove the fabric from the ink and heat under running water, starting with boiling water, then cool until clear. (You can also wash clothes on a slow cycle in the washing machine.) Wash the bucket, trash can or sink immediately.
4. Wash on cold cycle with mild detergent, then dry.
Rit color remover and liquid dyes
The color formulas are listed below, for each we use 1 liter of water and a certain amount of liquid writing ink.
- A and G. 1 tsp fuchsia
- B. 1 tsp golden yellow + 1 tsp tan + tsp kelly green
- C. 1 tablespoon red + 2 teaspoons rose petals + teaspoon taupe
- D. 2 tsp rose petals + tsp cocoa
- E. 6 tsp dark green + 2 tsp oil
- F. 3 teaspoons of tea tree + 2 teaspoons of adhesive tape
Use more water to increase the dye bath, but use the same weight of dye. For example, formula E is used for a dark green bed; We made a pool with about 30 liters of water and painted 12 tables green and black and 4 tables black. Generally, start with a small amount of paint, check with a paper towel, and add more as needed.
Tips and Tricks
When coming up with colors to get the look you want without paint residue, first do a small water bath: add a measuring cup to a bowl of hot water and be careful how much color you add. Check the color with a paper towel. If you want shade, give a big bath. (See the color combinations above for tips on maximizing the size of your full bathroom).
You never know what color something will turn out to be. White clothes don’t necessarily look like white clothes. The hem and strap can be a different color than the main fabric. Painting is a great way to bring back old and lost things without removing or hiding stains.
For Large Items
After washing the bedclothes and the table, we put hot water in the big sink in the bathroom (to keep the humidity) in the oven. Ventilation of the fabric during the dyeing process is very important; Mix gently with a long spoon, lifting and distributing evenly. When the clothes have reached the desired color, they are removed and placed in an empty bucket, which is placed in the washing machine, where they are washed with detergents.
Washing Dyed Fabrics
Wash white clothes only to prevent bleeding – or use an old white washcloth or sock to see if the color is bloody. Over time and with repeated washing, the color of the paint may fade, but remember that it can always be refilled.
If you want to have the best salt products then must visit standardsalt.com as they are providing top-notch quality salt and salt products. Standard salts are the one that provides brilliant quality and gives an amazing experience.