“Botox” is one of the most common terms in the cosmetic industry. It refers to the type A toxin of Botulinum. It is a bacterium that causes botulism. Do you know an interesting fact that it is a poisonous or toxic substance? If this potent toxin is used correctly, it applies in many fields.
Botox is a famous non-surgical treatment in the cosmetic industry. Another interesting fact is that more than six million Botox treatments are administered each year worldwide. But the positive effect of Botox treatment depends on the type of administrative doses. This article provides information about Cuánto cuesta el bótox efficient for a cosmetic makeover.
Botox is a neurotoxin. This toxin is obtained from the bacteria Clostridium botulinum. It is a bacterium commonly found in the natural environment. In its natural habitat, it is usually non-toxic and inactive. This toxin is capable of blocking nerve activity and senses in the muscles.
This characteristic feature of the botulinum toxin is exploited in the medical and cosmetic industry. It temporarily paralyzes the underlying muscles of the application area. This toxin of Clostridium botulinum is used for the following purposes-
- Treatment of several muscular conditions
- Removal of wrinkles
- Removing the fine lines
- Tightening of skin
- Spasms in the neck muscles
- To soften the stiffness of muscles
- Treatment of severe sweating in the underarms
- Treatment of bowel disorders
- Reducing the stiffness of upper limbs and lower limbs
- Treatment of nerve disorders
- Treatment of several eye conditions, such as spasms of the eyelids, uncontrolled blinking
- Stabilization of the overactive bladder
- Multiple sclerosis
- Prevention of chronic migraine or headache
Administration of Botox
The toxin of Clostridium botulinum is available in powder form. It is diluted in saline. Then it is injected into the neuromuscular tissue. The steps are as follows-
- Preparing the treatment area: To prevent the burning sensation in the injected area (treated area), a topical anesthetic ointment and an ice pack are applied to the skin before injecting the Botulinum toxin. However, this process is entirely optional.
- Cleaning of the treatment area- The ice pack is removed, and the treatment area is cleaned with antiseptic or alcohol.
- Injecting Botulinum- The botulinum toxin is injected directly into the skin.
Effects of Botox
Botulinum takes nearly twenty-four to seventy-two hours to exert its effect. A full-fledged effect of botulinum toxin is observed after five days of application. The primary function of Botox is to resist the natural process of aging. This task is accomplished by blocking the nerves of the treatment area.
Generally, the effect of Botox lasts for three to four months after injecting botulinum toxin. However, it entirely depends on the individual’s age, the skin portion used for injecting botulinum, and the number of wrinkles present. Individuals having a smaller number of wrinkles or younger in age have the effect of Botox for more than six months.
Fortunately, the chemical composition of Botox does not hurt the skin and does not cause any pain. Patients rarely feel any discomfort during the course of treatment. It feels like a pinch of the needle during the process of injection.
Things to avoid during Botox treatment
To have a healthy and long-lasting effect of Botox, it is necessary to avoid certain things, such as-
- Direct exposure to sunlight or ultraviolet rays.
- An extremely low or high temperature of the environment.
- Consumption of alcohol.
- Smoking tobacco.
- Excessive exercise
- She was rubbing the site of treatment or injected area.
- Use of beauty products immediately after injecting Botulinum.
- Excessive facial massage.
One of the Botox treatment’s most appealing features is no specific recovery time. You will see the results within two days (minimum) to seven days (maximum) after injecting botulinum toxin. The results last for more than three months. Individual undergoing Botox treatment gets healthy and wrinkle-free skin that confers a youthful glow. Thus, it gained immense popularity in the cosmetic industry.