Modern bathrooms are all about functionality and aesthetics. The shower area in a bathroom has been a particular center of attention for making a bathroom a more modern space. That’s why homeowners are increasingly inclined towards various shower area solutions. Since the trend is for enclosed space, there are multiple types of options available for this purpose. These include walk in shower enclosures, standard shower enclosures or cubicles, and Wet rooms. In case you are planning a bathroom area renovation, then it may be a good idea to start with a shower area. That also means you will have to go through making various choices that include walk in, standard, or wet room enclosures. All of these are great but cannot be the best fit in every bathroom size or layout.
In this article, we are going to compare all of these choices in great detail. So, you can pick the best option as per your requirements.
What is The Difference Between Walk in Shower and Other Types of Enclosure?
The first thing that you will need to understand is the core difference between walk in shower and other types of standard shower stalls or enclosures. The first big difference you will notice is the lack or unavailability of the shower doors. That means you don’t need any shower door or curtain with the walk-in shower. It is an essential part of the standard cubicle. In addition to the means walk in shower enclosure is more accessible, giving easier entrance without requiring opening and close any door. In addition to that, there will be more room available or feel in the walk-in shower then the standard enclosure. It is due to the more open and spacious feel of the enclosure. All together all this makes walk in shower an attractive option for those seeking an accessible and comfortable bathing experience.
On the other hand, there is also a difference between the walk in and wet room shower. The wet room is true sense and is usually an open shower space that may or may not have a shower screen. The water usually flows out through the drain on the floor. In comparison, the walk in shower always has a single or double shower screens. Both of these tend to offer similar advantages of better accessibility and can become a style statement in your bathroom.
Pros of Walk in Shower Enclosure
There are following advantages of walk-in shower enclosure.
- Walk in shower enclosures provide convenience and flexibility, as they do not require a step over. It can be great for senior citizens or anyone with limited mobility.
- These enclosures also offer an aesthetic charm, with smooth glass walls creating a seamless experience of open space. That’s why many people who want to create contemporary or modern bathroom looks use them for their bathrooms.
- Walk in showers are easy to clean and maintain due to their construction composed of sturdy glass that repels dirt and water. And you can even choose the easy clean shower screen glass that is available from most vendors.
- These are a great option for the small bathroom or any bathroom. where space is a problem due to their spacious feel and looks.
- They also provide enhanced safety by reducing the risk of slipping. Which is usually a cause of concern in traditional showers with small lips or steps involved.
Pros of Standard Shower Enclosure
In comparison to walk in showers, standard shower enclosures offer the following advantages.
•Standard shower enclosures are an ideal choice for bathrooms of any size as they maximize space and provide a pleasing aesthetic.
• These showers also offer easy accessibility, making them suitable for individuals with limited mobility.
• Standard shower enclosures come in wide varieties, from simple to elaborate, allowing customers to find the one that best suits their style and needs. You can choose one either from rectangular, quadrant, offset quadrant, or square enclosures.
Pro of Wet Rooms
There are following pros of a wet room in comparison to the walk in and standard shower enclosures
•A wet room can be a great addition to any bathroom, as it drastically reduces both installation time and cost.
• The entire area is effectively waterproofed without needing pieces fitted together perfectly, allowing for a more cohesive look throughout the room.
• Wet rooms often have better air circulation due to their open designs, which helps reduce mold and mildew accumulation compared to shower cubicles.
• Their minimalist design adds value and style while modernizing any sufficiently sized bathroom
When it comes to choosing the perfect walk in shower enclosure, standard shower cubicle, or wet room, the most important thing that will have an impact on your choice is your personal preference, bathroom size, layout, and budget. Therefore, there is no one size that fits all approach to picking up the shower cubicle. Therefore, you must choose depending on these factors rather than focusing on a few advantages. Where walk in shower enclosure is more open and does not require a shower door, it is costly too.